Friday, June 12, 2009

Finally a new mattress...

What a cheesy grin, on my new mattress in the shop...

One thing that I have been at Russell for quite a while is for us to get a new mattress. We were still using the same one that we bought ohhhh about 14 years ago. It was an ensemble firstly but then when we bought our bed frame we used the top mattress and donated the base as another family needed that from our church.

Russell has unfortunately had a rather sore neck for the last couple of weeks and said out loud last night that he thought that maybe we should get a new mattress. Well that was all the encouragement that I needed. I was soooo happy and couldn't stop thinking about it.

So this morning the car went in for a service and we have over three hours to kill in town. We went to Big W, we went to the newsagent, we went and had two hamburgers for $5.00. Best deal we have had in a very long time. Tasted really good as well. Then we went to Bunnings and then we finally got to the mattress store. I must say at this point that in Warwick we don't have alot of choice in mattress shops and when we were looking at a couple of them one that I really liked was $1100. That was so out of the price league that it was not funny. In the end we were able to negotiate the price down a heap and were very happy to even pick it up ourselves in our trailer. This way we saved even more money.

Only thing was that they don't have any in stock. How sad is that???? I have to wait for another two weeks before I get it. But you know what I am soooo looking forward to that sleep. That first sleep that you have when your bed is freshly made and totally new.

I can't wait. Bring on 26 June 2009. Woohoo!!!

Cheers Damaris

No comments: