Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lazy Sunday Mornings

Russell's lovely French Toast


When I woke up this morning it was pouring rain. It had rained off and on all thru the night but not like it did this morning. At one point we thought that we would have hail and in Brisbane they did actually. Just very heavy drops. Filled up my tanks again off course. Thank you God.

I got up and did the milking this morning and when I came inside again to strain and put away the milk that I had collected there was this wonderful smell coming from the kitchen. Yep you guessed it, my lovely hubby was making breakfast.

It was French Toast. He uses our own eggs and milk. Usually we also use our own bread but used some store bought bread this time. At the moment it is so much cheaper to buy it so when I was in town last week I got a couple of loaves and put them in the freezer. Good to have just in case. The homemade bread never lasts long around here...

I love my French Toast with Jam on it. Russell likes to have it savory but not me. I have a sweet tooth. He makes it so well. I must admit this is another one of those foods that I have not made as he is just so good at it and loves to do it.

I hope you have a wonderful day today. I know my is shaping up to be a great one!

Cheers Damaris

No comments: