Thursday, June 18, 2009

We are getting there...

Nova and Bailey (and stuffed dog)

Well it has been over five weeks now since Poppy passed away and slowly we are getting used to the change. It is still very strange to call Bailey and Nova and start with Poppy's name and then stop ourselves.
The number of times I have gone to say to the other two: "Where is Poppy?" and then catch myself. When out talking to the chooks I wonder where she is and then remember.
Many a times still when the boys are being tucked in at night do they say how much they miss her. I think that will go on for a while. While it is hard to cope with it is slowly getting easier.
The two left over dogs seem settled into their new life without Poppy. Nova was looking around for her for a while but that too has now stopped.
They say that time heals all wounds... We will see I guess...
Cheers Damaris


No comments: