Monday, January 11, 2010

My Holiday...

Straddie, what a view...
Resident dolphins visiting...
Food, glorious food...
Tina with one of her three catches...
Amity Point on sunset, glorious...
What a view...
Our latest addition...

Last Monday, my two sisters Tina and Lis went with me on a holiday that we do regularly... We go camping together, just the three of us, on North Stradbroke Island. The ferry takes just under an hour to get us there and then we usually go straight to the camp site, set up and go eat.

Yes these holidays are all about eating, talking, relaxing, sleeping, reading and more eating... hehe

We got to have our usual site again right on the beach front which we didn't think we would seeing it is in the middle of Summer holidays. We were very lucky. Someone had cleared out half an hour before us and no one else had spotted the gem yet. Then we arrived and claimed it as ours. The tent went up quickly and then we unloaded the car.

Usually we only stay two nights and have been doing this every year or so for the last seven years but this time we stayed five nights and how wonderful that was. We had time to relax and really enjoy it. Previously we would just unwind and then have to get going again. Not fun. We have decided that from now on it is a five night or longer stay. Sounds excellent to me... I must say that is has been wonderful to also have such supportive husbands at home who look after our kids while we are away on respite.

Our days didn't consist of allot of hard work, allot of shopping for kids and sisterly things. We all got a plaque that has a lovely verse on it. We also all got toe rings and we got a tattoo. Every time that we get together, our extended family now know that we do something to our bodies. Previously it was a tattoo on our lower back, ear piercing, belly button piercing, etc. This time it was a tattoo again. It is on the inside of our left wrists and is a set of three pink and yellow frangipani. We love them as we designed the tattoo ourselves as well. They are currently healing and will look fantastic in about a week once all the healing is done. Mine is also a little swollen but not much.

All in all we had a fantastic time. There was allot of sharing, more so than ever before. We spoke openly and I know that I learned allot about my two younger sisters. I must say that I am extremely proud of them both. They are both going through allot at the moment but the are so positive and know that this storm is only for a little while in the grand scheme of things.

I am very thankful to Russell and the boys that I was able to go with a total peace of mind. The boys had a ball together, seeing a movie as well as going to the Pottery club last Saturday. Can't wait to see their creations. :) When walking in the door I noticed straight away that the house was tidy and looked so inviting. I also noticed that Russell made the bed just for me. Love you Darling. :)

Speaking honestly, I can say that today I am totally relaxed and am so thankful for the wonderfully relaxing time that I had. Can't wait for the next time. Wonder what we are getting done then... Any ideas Tina??? Lis??? :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: