Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pay it forward...

Huge, Perfect and YUMMMMM

When I first came here I really wanted to start something... I wanted this community to share things. It was a dream of mine to have plenty of produce from my garden and to be able to take some excess and leave it at people's doorstep without anyone knowing it was from me. Just a little Hello from me but only me knowing I had said it.

I would also love to get a plot of council land and get that going as a community garden for people to have an input in growing veggies and fruit organically and then having a share in its harvest. Another way to get the community to grow together and younger to learn from older, that sort of thing.

Another dream is for a monthly Disco for the youngens, done at the Community Hall. Twice yearly Markets are up and running now so that is an achievement for our community as well. Proceeds go to local community associations. Love it, love it all.

Anyway back to the Pay It Forward... Last Friday when I went to Margaret's house I got home and there on the kitchen bench was a bag full of huge, and I mean huge Cherry Tomatoes. There must have been 40 or 50 of them. I was curious...

Russell had said that he was on the phone as he is working from home on a Friday and his connection was not working from work end but he heard someone saying something but he couldn't get out there in time to see who was there... When he did get out to the front door there was no one there but a little parcel of yummy things left for us...

I have an idea who they were from and I must say that I immensely enjoyed eating them. Yep, most of the ended up in my mouth. I remembered today that I had actually intended to keep a couple and plant them but alas they are already gone. Oh they were soooo yummy.

I can't wait for mine to ripen on my bush, that will be another few weeks and then I can do the same to someone else... woohoo... The intrigue, I love it. Others will hopefully join me and then it will really get going within this community... I will have my boys with me so they can also enjoy the feeling of giving without expecting anything in return. Joshua especially is busting to do it. :)

Imagine the intrigue and the rumours flying around... What a nice thing to talk about...

Cheers Damaris

No comments: