Sunday, January 17, 2010

Visiting time...

My Margaret doing washing after their camping trip...
James and his marblerun, a gift made by Russell. :)

Last Friday I packed my two boys into the car, along with Christmas Presents and we set off to visit a very close friend of mine and her two boys. Margaret only lives just over an hour away from me but we don't see each other anywhere near as much as we used to. Funny how we met...
I was waiting at the school gate for my boys to come out of school and was talking to someone. They left and then I saw Margaret there and said 'Hello'. That was the end of that and the start of a beautiful friendship. This included visits to each other's homes each week helping with cleaning, decluttering and keeping each other company. We have certainly been through a whole lot and am sure a whole lot more to come.

Margaret has two boys, Dylan who is two days younger than Joshua and James who is in Grade 4 this year at a local Special School. He is non verbal Autistic and finds it very hard to communicate. There is a little sign language there but not allot. He is also very gentle and loves to gives hugs and kisses if he knows you well. When we were still living in Brisbane I got to know him very well and I know that he knows that I love him very much. He is hard to understand but I try really hard to make the time to try and see his world through his eyes. It is very difficult for the family I am sure to not be able to properly communicate with him.

It makes me very appreciative of what I have with Timothy. I know we have our difficult times each day but nothing in comparison to what Margaret goes through all the time. And with very little help. She has a lovely border that stays with her and helps out allot and I know she would be lost without that person but she has noone from her family, no services that help. I do wish that I was closer for that reason alone. I do miss her and her boys very much I must say...

We had a lovely long visit on Friday and I didn't want to leave. I ended up leaving when I knew she would have to end up getting dinner on for the boys but just really wanted to stay just a little longer.

The boys are with their father for the next couple of weeks so I have invited her and she has accepted to come out to our place for me to pamper her for a few days. I am so happy that she took me up on that offer. I can't wait for her to get here... Mud masks here we come. :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: