Saturday, January 2, 2010

Reflection time and 2010...


It is amazing that the year is now already 2010. Where has the last year gone? What have I achieved? Have I done what I wanted to? These are the questions that I ask myself today...
We have done allot in the last twelve months. Everything from milking our own heifer for the first time to watching another birth. Numerous chicks hatching and some not... Boys grades going up and up and Russell working four days a week only to be home more. I also worked more regularly and my bosses ended up with Carer's Queensland Employer of the Year 2009. That was certainly a highlight.

We also increased our chook numbers somewhat and got rid of roosters that we didn't need. We also had a heap of ducks join our family. Two of the drakes will go soon to the Pig and Calf to be re homed. Few more roosters have to go as well yet. All in good time.

This year also saw Timothy finish Primary School and integrate into High School and the Special Education Unit. It saw Joshua finish off with counselling at one place and he is about to start with another.

Towards the end of the year, Russell ended up going back to full time work but working that one day a week from home. So nice to have him home but not. If you know what I mean. :)

Me, I have settled more here... At the begging I wanted to do everything within the community but soon realised that you just can't do it all. I have stepped back from QCPCA (governing body of P&C at School) but still helped out with Carer's Queensland and the Family Collective. The ASD Group in Warwick is still very much apart of my life and I have become firm friends with many there.

I must say that as this year starts I feel at peace. I am busy but not too busy. If I need a nanna nap then I take it. I am there to be as good a person as I can be and be there for when someone needs me but am able to take time out for me as well at the same time. The balance is good right now and I hope it stays that way.

Yes this year will be interesting. Joshua at Primary School all by himself, Timothy in High School, Russell still working from home. But it will all be good. I am very happy about last year, allot of growing was done. This year will be just as great I think. This I can only hope and pray for. We hope to grow alot more of our own food as well. Trees in the orchard have not done well in the recent heat waves that we have had, even with the rain we have had for the last three weeks. But our tanks are full to the rim and the grass can be heard growing and stretching at the moment. :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: