Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day...

My lovely presents. :)

I have been very fortunate to learn allot of things from my Mum, Ingrid. From cooking to knitting she was there for it all. I have allot to thank her for... Allot of the way that I have turned out today has to do with my mum off course. We are all influenced to an extent by who and how we were brought up.

Often I think back on how my mum used to cook everything from scratch, the way we ate meals around the table not the TV, the beautiful Advent stories we would have read to us coming up to Christmas time... Allot of these things I now do myself with my kids and I am really happy to have had that in my childhood and to be able to pass it onto my kids as well.

I am also very blessed to have a wonderful Step Mum in my life as well. Julie has been supportive of my little family for many years and I truly appreciate that. :) My Mother in Law, Erica is also a wonderful treasure in my life and I thank her for having my wonderful husband. I would not be where I am without her and Russell. :)

This morning I was greeted by a school made candle from Joshua and iPhone car charger from Timothy. Russell got me a Scratch It but they don't pay out really. Got nothing there. Never mind. Once a year is a nice treat to splurge. Timothy also made me a creation of his with sand on the computer and showed it off. Was wonderful to see his creativity... :) One other thing I got was a whole heap of cards that entitled me to all sorts of things. There are massages, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, dishes washed and dried... All sorts of goodies. I will certainly be using them. :)

I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day out there. I certainly never thought at one stage in my life that I would have this pleasure but am very blessed to be able to be a mum. And I would not swap it for anything in the world...

Cheers Damaris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dli-Dli, I also have fond memories. Have to write those Advent and Christmas stories down one day... Love you, Mutti