Saturday, May 15, 2010

Ice anyone???

Frost on Brad...

Grass looked cool all frozen...

On Thursday morning when I went to let the chooks and ducks out for the day I took my electricity meter readings first, as usual. I noticed some white stuff on my car, then saw it on the grass on the way to the chook house...

What do you know. It was frost. Woohoo... I really don't like summer very much at all. I much prefer to have it Spring or Autumn. Winter is also wonderful. I love the crispness in the air. I love to watch the stars at night and wonder when looking at the billions of stars how anyone could possibly think that that was evolution. We have no street lights out here so it is an absolutely spectacular sight at night...

I also love the rest that comes with Winter... The whole place here slows right down and I do much more baking inside and less outside in the garden...

I love Winter... Bring on the cold. Maybe this week we might even put on a fire inside. :) We have insulation in the walls and roof as well as tinted windows so put on the fire long after people in wooden houses have started theirs in the rest of the village... Saves me a bit of money that way too. :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: