Saturday, May 1, 2010

Our little cuties...

This young hen flew up on my arm as I was taking photos... So cute...

Babies around my feet... They are not shy at all this time...

Our one and only Bruce...

New Leghorn in the front, settled in very well...

I love chooks, always have and always will... I have about 40 of them at the moment. There are a few young roosters that will find their way to the Pig n Calf in June/July Holidays but other than that I am leaving it at that number for a while. Maybe some new purebreds in Spring but that is about it. I am trying to get rid of the crossbreeds and have only the purebreds.

Was very annoyed the other day when the chooks started screeching and I looked outside to see a cat running amongst them near the shed. How dare a cat come on my property and scare my babies... How rude... Trust me it took off very quickly next door. And so it should...

Since fixing up the outside cages with snake wire we have had no more losses which is fantastic and was what we should have done a long time ago. You learn, trust me... At least when I hear commotion outside now I know the animals are safe and I don't even have to get out of bed. :)

So above are some updated photos of some of my flock that I took yesterday. :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: