Saturday, July 17, 2010

Being a good wife...

My effort...

Well others may not think it is apart of their 'job' but I do... I like it that as a stay-at-home-mum I get to spend time at home doing home stuff... This is very important to Russell and I. He is the breadwinner as such and I make sure the home runs nice and smoothly... One of those jobs included would be the ironing...

I don't have any ironing to do other than Russell's shirts for work and that is only four shirts a week as the Friday he works from home. But since the operation on my hand I have only been able to do two at the most and then I am in too much pain so for a while now, Russell has been doing that job for me... Something I don't feel good about.

I am very old fashioned that way I guess. I believe that the meals he has at night time during the week should and do come from home. I ensure that I make extra and he gets leftovers frozen for him so that he has them in the near future. A taste from home. :) He has a hard enough time working far away from us so I feel that the least I can do is help with reminders of home and to iron his shirts for him...

Well this last week I was home three days... Tuesday to Thursday and on Thursday I was procrastinating about doing the last cupboard in the house. It needs to be rearranged as it is not working for me at all... So I had time to kill and prayed that I would have the strength in my hand to iron some shirts for him... He had 12 in total waiting to be done. That is three weeks worth and I know a huge help for him...

Well, I did it. :) I got them all done. I took my time and still it only took me 5 minutes per shirt just like before my operation. Some of it was done with my left hand but either way it got done. :) I was rather chuffed...

I might do big blocks like again in future rather than just one week at a time and see how it goes...

Cheers Damaris

No comments: