Friday, July 2, 2010

Love my shiny sink...

Love, love, love my sink shiny...

Yes I realise that this is from the Fly Lady... She loves to get people to shine their sinks... The way I look at it is that when a meal has been eaten, it is not the end of the meal so to speak... From this week the boys and I have been trying something much better...

When we finish eating at the table we put our dishes in the sink as normal. We have always done that. Nothing worse than the table cluttered as far as I am concerned... Nice and tidy is how I like it... But now we also do the dishes straight away and then the sink is tidy as well...

This means that when we retire for the night we have a completely tidy kitchen. The peace I feel when having the house all tidy is amazing and would not give that up for anything... The boys love it too off course as they have a calm mum and then in turn they are as well. Win, win situation all round. So needless to say, I love it that I can get up in the morning and there is nothing out on the benches. I love it. :) The boys are getting the hang of it and it is something that I have been building up to slowly as not to overwhelm them... Now to train Russell... :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: