Thursday, March 18, 2010

Celebration Time...

This is what my family looked like when we left Austria...

Today my immediate family and I celebrate our Arrival in Australia, 27 years ago... How the time has flown. My mum still remembers the rainy day we arrived. Had to circle for 20 minutes in the plane before we could land. Then once landed we had to wait for our 17 pieces of luggage... Oh boy... Then later the two huge crates arrived that my parents had shipped over via sea. Was like Christmas opening them up. Amazingly from what I remember only one thing got broken out of all our stuff in there... Was amazing. My dad did a fantastic job in building those crates and a great packing job was done. :)

Things have changed so much during that time... All five kids are now all grown up and are married. Amazing how fast it all changes. But wouldn't want to have grown up anywhere else... I know my heritage is from Austria and am very proud to be born there but am now an Aussie through and through. That is except Vegemite, don't get that stuff anywhere near me. Oh and jelly...

Cheers Damaris

No comments: