Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Finding old friends...

For a while I had been trying to find a childhood best friend. Our parents were very close friends and we all went to the same church. All our extended families know each other as well. I went to her wedding back in 1992 and again saw her and her little family when I went over to Austria again in 1998. I knew they were moving to New Zealand and had their address but lost it...

For a while now I have had an account on Facebook. Well I had been trying to find her on there as well. No success though unfortunately... Three nights ago, I woke up in the middle of the night and had this strong urge to try and search for her brother instead. That worked. I found him and then found a couple of cousins and then in turn found my long lost friend.

I couldn't believe it. I straight away sent a request for her to add me as a friend. Within an hour I was chatting to her on the Internet... Then yesterday morning I called her in New Zealand and we ended up chatting for a hour. How amazing is that... With Callback though it only cost me 16 cents which is an added bonus. :)

So there you have it. I have her number now and will keep in contact. Thank you FB I couldn't have done it without you. Technology hey???

Cheers Damaris

No comments: