Saturday, March 13, 2010

Too many males...

This boy is going...

Coco has to stay, Timothy's orders...

Bantam rooster is going...

Proudy is going...

This one is a menace, going...

Bruce, our first and stayer...

Lion is staying for the bantams...

Spot, Timothy's favourite is a stayer...

So here are some of my boys. Many will go, only two large and two small will stay. They can do all the work and then I will have allot less agro. They are fighting allot and being rough on the girls I have noticed in the last week or two. Unfortunately I can only go to the Pig n Calf during the school holidays so the boys and I will be offloading quite a few this time. :) Can't wait for another three weeks and they will be gone. :) Come to think of it, the noise first thing in the morning will be better and allot less too. Another winner...

I have one last lot of four babies in the bathroom at the moment and then that is it till spring. Gets too cold otherwise from having them inside to going outside. Don't want them to have a shock.

The reduction of males should see the girls wanting to lay a bit more too. I have in total about 40 chooks at the moment and have some purebred pullets coming as well. Six of them I think. Don't know might get more yet... (Don't tell Russell, hehe) At the moment I am only getting about 8 eggs a day though. Not good... Doesn't leave me allot for bartering but getting there. :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: