Friday, March 19, 2010

Tuckshop Volunteering...

Reloading happening after first break...

Burgers and the like ready for second break...

When Timothy started High School this year I knew that I wanted to help out there in some capacity. I knew that I would not be able to attend Parent and Citizens Association (P&C) meetings as they were on a Wednesday at 7pm. BAD time for this household that runs on a timeline...

Anyway so I thought, what about the tuckshop, surely they can use me there... Well last Monday I spent the morning there and learnt lots in a very small space of time. :)

I washed up allot, made burgers, wraps and even stocked the freezer. I got lunch in exchange and left at 12:30pm and must say I had a good time. It was good to see Timothy come up and order from me. He was rather proud of his mum I reckon... When the kids were ordering I was smart and stuck to the Grade 8's. Half the time they don't even know what they want so easy to keep up with them. Much easier than the Grade 12's. hehe

I have decided to do this once a month and see how I go. I reckon it will take me that long just to get over it. :) Also must mention that Sally, Kerry and Denise were most helpful with teaching me the ropes. Thanks Ladies :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: