Sunday, June 6, 2010

Being 'Out There'...

Latest 'addition'...

What it looks like under the skin. :)

While I was away at the retreat these last few days I went with one of the ladies to hold her hand (sort of) while she got her nose stud done. I already have one so was happy to come along. I needed to get a bike tube for Joshua's bike anyway so why not...

While I was waiting for her to get her piercing, I was flicking through their folder of what they are capable to doing. And there it was... I couldn't believe it and HAD to get it done... There goes next fortnight's pocket money. hehe

I got a diamante Dermal Piercing done. It is situated on my left hand on the middle finger. I don't wear any rings on that finger and now it looks like I have a diamond on it but no ring. It is soooo lovely. After six months of healing I can even change the top to different ones but am very happy with my little sparkler. :)

What surprised me most of all is that there was hardly any pain. They take out a 2-3mm piece of skin in order to go deep enough for the anchor to go in and sit well. Once the hole has been made they let it bleed for a couple of a minute to ensure a completely clean wound. The they get the stud which has the rod and anchor already attached to it and wiggle from side to side till it is in as deep as possible and the diamante sits flush with the skin. All components used are also surgical steel. Apparently there is a small chance of rejection but I sooooo hope that will not happen to me. I actually really love it.

Russell on the other hand is increasing my life insurance, hehe, getting me a glove so he doesn't have to see it and sending me to a shrink... He believes I have lost the plot. :) I put up a picture on my Facebook page and sure enough he bit. :) His sister commented that he had no sense of adventure. hehe

Anyway I am really happy with it. Have to spray it with anti bacterial stuff morning and night for the next couple of weeks. The anchor has holes in it also so the flesh will grow through it and therefore keep it in place. People have these in all sorts of places but I didn't want it catching anywhere. Wear gloves for washing and gardening anyway and will just generally have to be more careful. That is always a good thing I guess. :)

One of the mums in our village has a sister that had hers done on her leg and due to complications had to get hers removed after about 6-12 months. I soooo hope that will not be the case with me...

Will let you know how it goes...

Cheers Damaris

No comments: