Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A new month... new challenges...

New month, new challenges...

Today is the first of the month... of June. :) Where on earth has this year gone to I wonder...

All week and most of last we have had overcast and wet days here... Not much to write about as most of it is spent indoors or I have been busy being out. Last week was a nightmare, this week is not much better. Tomorrow is my only day at home and even then after picking up Timothy from the bus I have to go to Brisbane for an appointment. Timothy is having a mole frozen off... It is on his leg and will be a pain. I can tell. He loves wearing his long pants so hopefully will be able to adequately wrap it up.

Thursday I am off for three days and two nights... I am off to Toowoomba for the Carer's Qld Family Collective Respite getaway. Lots of loose ends to tie up and at this retreat we also decide as a group whether we keep meeting even though funding will have ceased. Will be a good time to get even closer to the families that we have spent nearly two years with on a monthly basis.

Today was a very rewarding day. I went to the monthly ASD Parent Support Meeting in Warwick and we had a guest with us today. She is working in the Education Department and is the person you seek out when you have trouble dealing with things at school. Very lovely lady and had spoken to her on one other occasion before. Glad I don't need to yak in her ear but good to know her face all the same. :) Quite a few parents were able to have their worries heard and will be followed up on which is so good to hear. Was a fantastic meeting. :)

Last night I made up a long list of things that I need to still declutter and this list will be my main challenge this month. I will be working through them as I need the clutter gone out of my house and life. Started this morning and gave a huge bag of wooden plain and painted blocks to a friend who has two littlies that will appreciate them. They are always playing with them when they visit so could not think of a better home for them to go to.

Best start on my list, after making dinner that is. :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: