Saturday, June 5, 2010

Retreat time...

The en suite I accidentally scored. hehe

Mother of a TV

Lovely Kitchen...

The view from my private balcony...

Beautiful details...

Toowoomba at night...

Have just come back from a three day, two night retreat in Toowoomba. We ended up staying in the Hotel across from the Town Hall... We were in two Penthouses and I loved accidentally getting one room with an en suite... I was half unpacked before realising it was even there. hehe

For me it was not so much a retreat as we didn't really have allot of down time. I tried Bowen Therapy for the first time and was really happy to find that even after just 15 minutes of manipulation that I was able to sleep the last two nights without pain for two hours before falling asleep. The patella is very worn behind my left knee so have allot of pain when I first try to fall asleep... Last night I slept like a baby. First night, not so much... The noise, sirens, lights all got to me. I love my country quiet that is for sure... The sessions on reflection were nice and it was wonderful to see how far people had come from their P.A.T.H. and family plans from when they did them to now. I loved re reading mine. :)

This was the retreat to finalise things for the 2 year Pilot Project that I have been on. It was for the Family Collective which is apart of Carers Queensland and was funded by Disability Services. I must say in allot of ways it will be sad to not see everyone anymore on a monthly basis... On the other hand, I am rather exhausted right now and am glad it is over for now.

There are a few that I will continue to stay in contact with but am not interested in going to Toowoomba once a month or even once every couple of months just for this. I have gained allot of knowledge from some very knowledgeable people within the group and was glad that I was able to learn about new disabilities at the same time. Most of the families were associated with Asperger's Syndrome but there were others as well.

Now it is time for a new Family Collective that will be run for three years this time. I wish them all luck and hope they get out of it the good bits that I got out of ours. :)

Cheers Damaris

2 comments:

Emma said...

I am so glad that you had a good time. It looks lovely! I have been enjoying the photos of your cavs. Our cav, Abbey, has been unwell this year, and it's nice to see such healthy, happy dogs :)

My niece is 4, and looks like she will be diagnosed with asperger's. She's still waiting for the pediatrition appointment, but ticks all the boxes. I am going to pass your blog address on to my sister, as I am sure she'll find useful information!

Have a lovely weekend.

Regards, Emma (in Brisbane)

Dalinz said...

Hi Emma,

Yes my cavies are lovely. I am a bit biased though. hehe. I do hope that Abbey gets better soon...

Let your sister drop me a line. Am more than happy to help. I had mine diagnosed in Brissie so if she lives there also, I have a lot of contacts there. :)

Cheers Damaris