Saturday, August 8, 2009

Carrots, carrots and more carrots...

yummy carrots...

When I was driving past the Nursery on the way out of Town I saw a wonderful sign that I new would help me in a big way. It screamed: $5.00 for 20 kg of Carrots. They are juicing carrots but whole cares. They are only going to the guinea pigs anyway. Well that is what I thought.

While down in the vegie garden yesterday afternoon, I saw that some cheeky animal (not one of mine for once) had 1/2 dug out some carrots. They were going a little soft so offered them to Lorray and Lavender. They loved them... I knew that cows loved carrots from ages ago but didn't realise how keen they are on them until then.
Seeing I had two 20kg bags of carrots I decided to get 1/2 bucket full and see what they did with it. hehe. They were in the front paddock near the front gate when I called them. I called them and hey presto there they were running like it was their last meal. I tipped out the bucket worth of carrots and they sucked them down. Funny sight! Nice to know that I can give them some carrots for a treat every now and then. Sausage and Lorray were into them immediately but Lavender took a little getting used to them. She was fine once she realised that she actually had to CHEW them. lol

I am now down to about 10kg of carrots left out of my lot, having taken some to work as well... Will need more towards the end of the week me thinks...

Cheers Damaris

No comments: