Sunday, August 23, 2009

Love Lazy Days...

Today I am going to have a lazy day. I don't mean not do anything or sleep all day but just spend it doing things that don't require alot of energy.

Yesterday I completely cleaned out the laundry and am aching from it today. A couple of muscles in my thighs that I had not used in a while. lol

All the animals are fed and happy. Made my bed, as if that would stay unmade. scoff...

I will be putting dishes away that are dry and getting the boys to unload the dishwasher. Will do a load of washing and hang that out. Boys are getting kindling today as well to ensure we have enough for fires this week.

I am in the process of ordering plants on line from a Tenterfield Nursery as well so will finish that order. One tray comes with 40 plants on it. Will be getting about three of four trays and delivered to Warwick. That will be a busy time for us to get them into the ground...

Russell is getting another Energizer for the Solar Electric Fence as well which will give the electric fence more of a kick. Next weekend we are putting up more wiring as well to help remind Sausage to stay out of areas that he is not supposed to be in...

Lavender is due with her first calf in just over a week and in that same week we have the incubator hatching hopefully as well. The goose is still sitting nicely on her eggs. Counted four this morning so might have miscounted when I thought there were five the other day.

Been watching the Rosellas and other sorts of parrots in our garden which is an encouraging sign as well. Bees have been around too lately. Can't wait to get my own but will have to get the bushes and flowers going more before then. The hives will go down where the veggie garden is to help with pollination.

Guinea pigs are going really well. Same with the four babies. They are growing and very mobile these days. Also very vocal. lol

Been doing alot of cleaning in the house and have lots more planned for this coming week in preparation for when I have my hand operation on Friday. It will be day surgery only which is good but will not be milking Lorray that night. Will try with my left hand the next morning. See how I go. Will be strange doing stuff with just my left hand and not the right. Hope painkillers will work for me...

Must also do my next month's menu plan this week so that it is ready for next Monday. Love that plan and has helped me so much with organising myself and not stressing. Love it, love it, love it...

I love days like today, being at home and having our gate door closed. Nothing really planned but plenty to do. And that off course includes a nanna nap early afternoon today... lol

Cheers Damaris

No comments: