Sunday, August 16, 2009

They are here...Baby Guinea Pigs, Four of them...

Out in the cage, one already out investigating...

Timothy holding the two smooth furred babies...

All four babies together...

My boys were late taking out the guinea pigs this morning. During the night they come inside and have the shelter of a two storey wooden guinea pig cage. Lovely and big. During the day though they are outside enjoying the sun. Don't want scurvy in this household...

Anyway we have been waiting for ages for some babies and last night the stork delivered five. One didn't make it. RIP. Four though did. They are sooo cute. Two are wiry furred and two have really smooth fur. I think I know which are the mums. Only one had indications of a recent birth though. I hope I chose right. I will read up a bit more about babies and maybe put another girl with teats in there with them. Don't want any deaths though. Jealousy or bullying a baby might get killed. Don't want that at all... Neither would the boys as they have already gotten dibs on the babies...

I know that one is definitely a boy. Don't really know about the others. Have left them alone, other than taking lots of piccies of them... Oh they are soooo cute.

The boys have their grandmother coming for a few days on Thursday so this will be a lovely thing for them to share with her as well... They are so excited and just want to tell everyone. School will not know what hit them in the morning... Show and tell is in order I think...

I am off to watch the little ones a bit more.

Cheers Damaris

No comments: