Saturday, August 1, 2009

Tomato plant trial...

One of my babies...

Am really hoping these survive. We have had allot of frost here lately, especially over the last three weeks or so... It is rather lovely looking over the village from the front door and seeing the sheet of white but it is taking it's toll on my plants. That is one thing for sure...

I was silly, saw the seedlings and thought - oh yes, why not some cherry tomato plants. Silly me. I realize that they would grow so much quicker if only I waited for the soil to warm up... But here they are. There are some in the veggie patch and they are under a layer of mulch. The ones in the picture above are staying at the moment up near the house, where I have a set of shelves with pots and gloves on it. They are kept out of the frost that way as under the eaves but get lovely afternoon sun. I have two plants under there so will see how they go.

This has turned into more of an experiment in the end now as I wanted to see how they would go in pots, in a sheltered position compared to out in the cold garden covered in mulch... Only time will tell. Then off course will put more seeds out in Spring and they will surpass them all. Hehehe.

Cheers Damaris

No comments: