Thursday, April 15, 2010

Conversion from Apples to Pears...

Timothy's empty bowl of peeled pears...

Well I must admit I never ever thought it was possible... Timothy loves his apples. Green or red, don't matter. hehe He can have up to eight a day if I let him or if he sneaks them during the night. He was in effect addicted...

This I wanted to curb. And we have done it!!! With the Failsafe adventure that our family is on now since Sunday we started getting him used to having only soft pears (peeled) during the holidays. He took to it like fish in water I must say. He is allowed two a day and he knows that that is a strict rule of the Elimination Diet. I use pears in sorbet and try to make all things pear but not too much either. We are not reliant on fruit too much anyway. As the Fed Up book by Sue Dengate states... "Fruit isn't there for humans only it is actually a tree's sexual organ".

Timothy now usually has one peeled in the morning and one at night just before bed. Bit of a ritual. And a great one. I can't believe it but we did it. No more screeching for more apples. Yay!!!

Gotta be happy with that. :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: