Sunday, April 11, 2010

New bread tin...


I think we are getting another couple of these. Russell found this one on special for $17 in Myers last week while browsing Brisbane kitchen shops for bread tins that had a lid on them. I was wanting to make bread from the dough that the Bimby would knead in 2 mins. Then leave to rise for 1/2hr. Put in cold oven for a second rise as it warms up to 200 degrees for 40 mins. Was beautiful, fluffy and baked to the top of the tin. Fantastic end result. I will be make two or three of these and freezing what I don't immediately need from now on.

The loaf that I do use I will be storing in a Tupperware container for bread. Very happy with the new bread. Very different to the bread maker that is for sure. Much more of a loaf size and easier to cut as well so no wastage or really thick pieces of bread as I used to make...

Cheers Damaris

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi Damaris, glad you're so happy with your bread. Which recipe did you end up using?
Cathy

Dalinz said...

Hi Cathy, I used the Buttermilk receipe as well as the Basic Bread receipe. Both worked exceptionally well and will be doing them again. :)

Cheers Damaris