Friday, April 2, 2010

Steam Mop...

Mop 'sock'

I had never thought of getting one of these but when I was at Margaret's not long ago, I saw the end result of where she had used a friend of hers and the end result was amazing. I had wanted to get one since then if only to make cleaning the floors easier than using a mop.

Russell normally does the job of mopping but I wanted to be able to do it myself. He has been a fabulous help ever since my hand operation but felt the need to take that job back off him. As it is he is still ironing his own shirts. Now that I don't mind so much... hehe

So I ordered one online and had it delivered. I got it out and all the bits fitted. It did a great job hissing at me and then I started to use it. I must say that it is still very heavy for me and at the end of doing my whole house, I can say that I was exhausted. My hand was rather sore too... Must do it in two goes next time. I ended up using three of the cotton 'socks' as I call them for the base for cleaning. I only refilled it once so got the house done with 1.6l of water. It got some very old shoe marks off as well which I thought was wonderful. The tiles in the bathroom and toilet have not looked that good in a while either...

Probably not something that I would use every week though but good to have for those extra good cleans. :)

On another note today is my 200th post. Woohoo... Can't believe it that I am there already. :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: