Thursday, April 8, 2010

Time for the Beach and some investigating...

Perfect day, hardly anyone there...

Joshua the water boy...

Timothy burying himself...

My Darling Hubby, Russell...

This week Russell has been blessed enough to have some holidays. He is enjoying it immensely from what I can tell. :) On Tuesday we were originally to take advantage of Cheapy Tuesday at the Movies in town but they were not showing anything that the boys were really interested in so we decided that this was a great opportunity to get out and visit the beach instead.

We took the back way of getting there so it took us just over two hours. But what a ride. The trees, the houses dotted around the place. It was magical really. I loved it.

We got there and had had a forecast of rain but that stayed away while the boys and Russell took to the water. I walked around in the sand and water but didn't go in. I never do. I did once and still had my glasses on and ended up getting dumped by a wave and lost them. That sorted me out... I love the beach, don't get me wrong but don't go in. I took lots of photos with my new iPhone which was cool. I must say that it was cool to use. The clarity in the end results was great.

After the boys had their water fix and Joshua ended up with major boggy board rash, we went to Pacific Fair at Surfers Paradise. There we had our last McDonald's. Timothy had a failsafe McDonald's ice cream for dessert. Russell, Joshua and I had Baskin Robins for our last non failsafe treat. :)

I must say that it is good to be able to take the boys out and find that McDonald's has ice cream that is failsafe, not the cone mind you but the ice cream itself is... We spent quite a bit of time in various shops looking for Carob powder Carob buttons but came up with nothing. Apparently the Health food shop that used to be at Pacific Fair went out of business as there were too many Chemists around. Mind you they didn't have much of a range either...

We have certainly learnt allot over the last couple of weeks about what is failsafe and what is not. It is amazing how many chemicals that are in fruit and veggies alone... The toxic chemicals that they produce in order to protect themselves from bugs and insects. They are called salicylates and can have bad reactions in kids and adults alike.

I am counting down to us going totally failsafe. End of this week... My Thermomix (being called Bimby, as in Italy) is coming on Saturday and I can't wait for my demo at 2pm. It will be so wonderful to see it in action and to see how much it will help me make wholesome foods from scratch. One of our big aims with moving out here has always been that and it feels sooooo good to finally realise that. :)

The boys are amazing us as well. Melting moments and other snacks made failsafe have been an absolute hit. They are convincing friends how good it will be for them and when I offered Timothy Jelly Beans yesterday, he said to me: "No thanks Mum, they are not failsafe." Am so proud of him. Not that I was tricking him, I genuinely was offering to him but fantastic choice...

So we are progressing well towards our goal. Today we are off to Warwick to do some major failsafe shopping. More containers will have to be bought as well. All in preparation for Saturday. Will be a great day I think. :)

Cheers Damaris

No comments: