Tuesday, July 7, 2009

An example of my folk art painting...

Six months before we moved out here I had started taking painting lessons. I loved the folk arty stuff that I had always seen in shops and with Russell's encouragement I took the plunge and gave it a go. I had wanted to for years, I must admit but didn't want to intrude on something that both my younger sisters were so good at. Silly, I know but there it is...

I learnt lots of techniques over that short period of time and picked up some great teaching books as well. I am a very visual person so like to see what I am doing not just reading instructions. I must say that I was rather pleased with myself with many of the end results.

I make alot of different things over that time but since we have moved out here, I must admit that I have done basically nothing... It is one thing that I have put into the Family Collective Plan for our family. I want to really get back into it and relearn what I had learned. I also want to get better and better at it so that I can use this as another way of giving gifts at Christmas and during the year.

I actually have orders that I have not filled, still. Luckily they are within the family so the understanding is there... Must get to them soon though. Time for this year is, again, running out.

What I am going to be doing over the next little while is seeing at the end of the day where my times goes. I have to make myself more accountable for time I spend doing things and then I can change my priorities and get more done of what I want to and need to get done. That is my plan. Will see how it pans out...

Cheers Damaris

1 comment:

Ann at eightacresofeden said...

That wall hanging is quite lovely Damaris. Tea time is a very popular country decorating theme and I'm sure you could sell items like this no problem! But yes, finding the time... it is always a problem for me too. Some crafts I want to learn such as patchwork, are for the future, for when my children are grown, something to look forward to when I am a grandmother.. it's never too late to start! But the crafts I have already mastered such as making Christmas wreathes and bon bons I dedicate several weeks to, in the lead up to Christmas. I have my projects and get the kids involved doing craft projects too, so we all are making a mess together! Saves time cleaning up!