Sunday, July 19, 2009

Spring Onions galore...

The beginning of a beautiful relationship...

I have been trying to grow Spring Onions for a little while now. I wanted to substitute my use of onions if possible. They smell great and are wonderful to watch grow in the garden...

So far not too bad. Need to grow another whole lot and will be putting some more in for spring time so that I end up with a year's supply if at all possible. I will still be getting some onions though as well as I like to make Onion Marmalade and have about 18 bottles that are water bathed in the pantry ready for Christmas presents. Can't wait to give them out.

Other than the spring onions the only other thing really growing are the peas. They are doing well. Cows love them as a treat as well. :)

I can't wait to get the surrounds for the garden beds in the vegie area. It will make such a difference to anything that we put in there and will help things along nicely.

Cheers Damaris

No comments: