Thursday, July 2, 2009

My new Clock, with a hidden agenda...


Above you can see my new clock. Now this clock I have been looking for for a long time. I wanted to get something with a country sort of feel and as I love chickens I thought it would fit right in at home. It was also 1/2 price for only $10. The welcome sign on the top of it was also rather nice as the clock hangs next to our front entrance door.

When we first moved out here we used to have digital clocks around the place but only even glanced at them once or twice a day. So I ended up unplugging them and putting them away. This clock is now the only clock in the whole house. I have a clock on the computer that I can glance at but that gets turned off once the screen is off as well.

The hidden agenda behind this clock though is that where the hands are there is a lovely dark coloured rooster. I like for time to go slow out here. I didn't want the face of the clock easily seen. You really have to go up close if you really want to see the time. I like that. It was a little annoying for the boys at first but even Russell has gotten used to it.


One way to get the boys to concentrate on their time telling when I ask them what time it is as they really have to get up close and personal with it. Another great way for the time just to while away...


Cheers Damaris

No comments: