Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Rainbow... get better quickly...

Rainbow in his temp hospital room...

One of the new roosters, Rainbow (named by Timothy off course, lol) was found in the chookhouse with watery eyes day after we got him home... He is rather sick.

We have brought him inside, same as we did with the other rooster when he first came home to us. He is now fine. Rainbow is still battling. We all hope he makes it. Timothy keeps crying saying he doesn't want another chook to die... If only I could stop this from happening. I can't though. He needs to learn that. Is a little hard at the moment though as the deaths from last week are still so fresh in our minds...

I really hope that Rainbow does make it... He is rather cute to look at. He has his eyes shut most of the time, except when I am there taking photos of him. Lol. He bends his head back to breathe and make weird noises... Oh boy, I hope he makes it...

On that note, all the other chooks are settling in really well. So is the new Guinea Fowl. Guinea pigs are doing well too. I still have all 8 of them. I don't know still which ones I want to keep. They are all soooo cute. Couple of nights ago there was one that gave birth to two stillborn guinea pig babies which was sad. Nothing has happened since then so hope the others will give birth ok.

Cheers Damaris

No comments: